Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Just Not Feeling It



FYI - this pic has nothing to do with the content of this post, but honestly. If you are going to go to the trouble of having a sign made, maybe proofread before you sign off on it?


The scene:  It is 7:55 AM. I have just emerged from my car and I am walking across the parking lot to the entrance of my job. One of our clients, a man with a mild intellectual disability, has just gotten off the bus and is walking up toward me.

Me:        Good morning, Rob [not his real name]! How you doin?
Rob:       Good morning, I don’t want to be here today.
Me:        I know how you feel, some days are like that.
Rob:       I partied too much last night.
Me:        Whuh?
Rob:       It was my birthday yesterday—
Me:        Oh! Happy Birthday!
Rob:        –yeah, so I drank a lot last night and then I passed out.
Me:        Oh. …So… you probably don’t feel so well.
Rob:       Yeah, we had some people over at the house and we was drinkin.
Me:        Do you think you’re hung-over?
Rob:       NO, NO – I just don’t want to BE here.

Well, that makes two of us. Hang in there, Rob.




2 comments:

Bridget said...

I have been so "not feeling" it for so long I'm getting worried. *laughs* Wish I had Rob's excuse.

PS Yes: they're, their, there. Drives me nuts, too. Also, inappropriate apostrophes. Nobody hires experienced copy editors or proofreaders anymore...

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Rob seems kind of agitated lately - I heard him getting into an argument with another client this afternoon. Clearly he is still not feeling it!